Grey and Blue Eyeshadow

A few months ago, I read on a beauty blog that some people were afraid of blue eyeshadow. It surprised me since I've never thought it scary at all. In fact, my first eyeliner was blue. I wore this look to an event at a hotel.


Grey and Blue eyeshadow

I was pleased with the results in the sunlight (when I took the photos), but not at the hotel. It's yellow lights made the makeup look much darker and more gloomy. That's the last time I wear dark shadow to a hotel.

Grey and Blue Eyeshadow

I used a dark blue eyeliner for the bottom lash line and waterline. I used a shimmer grey for the lid and socket and a lighter grey for the brow bone. I extended the dark blue shadow a little past my socket because I find that doing that with dark colors works best with my eye shape. I also used a little blue eyeshadow in the socket. Both colors are from The Color Workshop and the eyeliner is a discontinued blue from Avon called Midnight Blue.* I also used just a little bit of white eyeshadow on the brow bone to lighten the grey, but it didn't do much for the hotel's lights. Lesson learned.


*I know that they still have Midnight Blue, but my mom has it and I definitely think it's a different blue, so that's why I say it's discontinued.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I did something similar, but I used black and blue to create a velvety look.

    beautyoholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete