Makeup Inspired by Twilight Sparkle

I absolutely love the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and when I saw Jangsara's makeup creations inspired by the ponies, my brain exploded and left rainbows everywhere. Since then, I haven't been able to watch the show without thinking, "Oh, look at that color combination! I wish I had those colors!"


Luckily, I do have the colors for Twilight Sparkle.


Twilight Sparkle Eyeshadow


I thought for a while about how I was going to use blue, dark purple, and dark pink of her mane together so that each color would stand out and it became obvious that one of them had to be eyeliner. I used the dark blue for the eyeliner, the dark purple for the outer corner, and the pink for the inner two-thirds of the lid. I used the color I had closet to Twilight's coat from the crease to the brow. Finally, I decided to incorporate the while of the stars on her cutie mark by using white eyshadow as a highlighter on the inner corner and browbone. I used pink cream eyeshadow as a base.


Twilight Sparkle Eyeshadow


The eyeliner is Midnight Blue from Avon (discontinued); the dark purple is Catwalk from mark; the light purple is Tart from mark; and the white and hot pink are from Avon's 12-in-1 Shimmering Eye Palette. I had done this look before but with a slightly darker purple above the crease. Unfortunately, it ended up looking quite gloomy, and I like this result much better.


Twilight Sparkle!
Image Source:  http://tinyurl.com/cvnzcd9

No comments:

Post a Comment