Lying on the Grass and Looking at the Clouds

For this look, I used a lovely green from the Coastal Scents Metal Mania Palette (fourth column, third to last row) all over the lid except the browbone where I put a lighter color to highlight (third column, first row).



For the eyeliner, I used the black color from Avon's 12-in-1 Shimmering Eye Palette.



I put some Avon Ultra Luxury Eye Liner in Black on the lower lashline as well.



I'll admit this isn't my favorite look. I think I've blended better near the browbone, but I didn't see that until I saw the photos. But we make mistakes sometimes, and we can't stop learning from them. Interesting that applying makeup can teach that lesson sometimes.

And now for a few words about what this blog is all about. I started this blog as an outlet for my makeup hobby. I'm not an expert and I don't want to do makeup for a living (though I'd love to take a professional makeup course someday). Makeup is a way of expression my artistic side and keeping my life fun. I don't wear it to feel beautiful. I wear it to have fun.

So although I started this blog for myself, I want to give something to whoever is reading out there. And the only way I know how to do that is to tell stories. Over the past year, I rediscovered not only my love for makeup but my love for stories as well. So somehow or other, I'm going to try to tell a story in each post. It's what will set this blog apart from a few of the others and it's going to make it a bit more personal for me.

What kinds of stories? Perhaps a few will be things that have happened to me. A lot will be reflections about the books I'm reading or movies I've watched. And some might just be reflections on something I've been thinking about or the inspirations behind my looks. I'll find out as I go along. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment