Makeup Inspired by The Hunger Games

I devoured The Hunger Games in two days and for a while after I finished Mockingjay, I couldn't really read anything else for a while. The trilogy has become one of my favorite book series, and I was inspired by the first book to create this look.


The Hunger Games Makeup

The second I read about Cinna's gold eyeliner, I thought, "I just bought that! I can do that!" Perhaps, Avon's Twinkle and Shine Eye Liner in Gold is a bit more yellowish than Cinna's gold, but you work with what you've got. Unfortunately, the gold's a bit washed out in the center of my lid in the above photo.

The Hunger Games Eyeshadow

I applied Amber Blaze by Mary Kay on the entire lid, which I thought was appropriate for Katniss when she is the Girl on Fire. I also used it on the bottom lashline to smudge Avon's Glimmersticks Diamonds Eye Liner in Smoky Grey and create a smoldering, after-the-fire effect. I topped it off with black eyeliner on the waterline and black mascara. The last time I did this look, I used black eyeshadow, which made it a bit edgier and suitable for nighttime. For the daytime, this much fire was just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment