Eyeshadow Inspired by Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole

When Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole came out two years ago, I was really, really skeptical that it was going to be good. I was like, "Owls? Being epic? Really?" However, my then co-worker said he really liked the movie, so I started to think it maybe wasn't that bad.


 


That was a year ago. I finally watched it a few weeks ago, and LOVED it! I loved the voice acting, I loved the story, I loved the characters, and I loved the animation. Oh my goodness, the glorious animation!


I was especially struck by the colors. Soren, the main character, is a barn owl who's golden, white, and brown. I was inspired by these colors to create this look.


Soren to Ga'Hoole

I used the brown, white, and gold from the 12-in-1 Shimmering Eye Palette from Avon. I used Ultra Luxury Eye Liner in Dark Brown from Avon on the top and bottom lids. To soften the liner on the bottom lashline, I dabbed the brown eyeshadow on it.

Soren to Ga'Hoole

I tried something new with this look. I usually don't put eye liner on my waterline because it just melts off, and I don't like dealing with it. However, my mom noted that some of my looks didn't look "complete" with a bare waterline. So I put the eyeliner on my waterline and then dabbed a very tiny amount of brown eyeshadow to set it, just an experiment to see if it would last longer. It actually kind of worked. Not perfectly but much, much better than the eye liner alone. It's definitely something I'll try again in the future. :)

Soren to Ga'Hoole

This last photo was taken somewhat in the shadows, so the colors look a little different. I drew a little half-moon above my lid with the brown and blended it into the gold, which I used as a highlight across the browbone, down to the tear duct, and to the inner corner of the bottom lashline.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment