Tropical Flower Flash: Makeup Inspired by the Flowers in My Front Yard

My dad is the only person in my family with a green thumb but even he has trouble finding time to garden. As a result, our front yard is quite boring-looking with very dull green plants that never bloom.

However, there are two exceptions in the garden: two cactus-like plants that occasionally bloom a purple and pink spiky flower at the same time and this plant, which I've only seen bloom twice.



When I saw it, I thought, "This would look amazing as eyeshadow!" This is my attempt.


Tropical Flower Flash


I used a two dark pinks: one from the Avon 12-in-1 Shimmering Eye Palette and another from the Avon Go Glam Color Palette. The orange was from the mark Super Flip Color Kit.


Here are two photos with slightly different colors due to the erratic lighting (never photographing in bright sunlight again).


Tropical Flower Flash

Tropical Flower Flash

I used white because of the white interspersed within the petals. The white is from the Avon Go Glam Color Palette. On top of the orange I used some yellow shimmer to make the pure orange more on the yellow side. I wasn't going to use another color but I decided that my eyes would look too washed out without eyeliner. I used Avon's Mega Impact Eye Liner in Black Flash.

Tropical Flower Flash

This is another entry for the Tropical Looks Competition from Makeupbee. Coming up next is a little break from the pinks and purples as I explore some darker and cooler colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment